This was my first time working with C. First birth after my elbow surgery. FTM. ROM over 24 hours upon arrival. Arrived at 4pm. Mom was in a nice active pattern. In hindsight she was probably 4-5 centimeters. I felt like I had to get my footing at first. I over analyzed answers from C. We found a groove though I was unsure how active of a role she wanted me in. Turns out she did offer me to be in a phase 3 role with the ability to ask for help. I think I did ok with my limited phase three assist exposure. I am really analyzing why I have not pushed for more phase three roles. I think because we had a phase three student that was nearly done but is that really it? Baby had a high baseline change around 6? C asked me what to do. I immediately thought. Drink More and add electrolytes. When that worked I was internally overjoyed as it means I am learning to apply what I learn in school. Baby had a late decel. Position change. Baby was a bit finicky at times based on mom's ...
This birth was a beautiful butter birth, the name comes from being smooth like butter. We got there shortly after the clients water broke. The baby was born within the hour of arrival. This was a birth where the placenta took a bit to release and the first time that I learned about trailing membranes in the home birth setting. I have heard of it in the hospital setting. This particular placenta left some trailing membranes. I did not know that there was a higher risk of bleeding so pitocin was offered by the lead midwife. It was declined and watch and see plan was created. I became curious about trailing membranes, so here I am learning as much as I can. Varney's has very little info on trailing membranes, it basically says that there has been no evidence to support that trailing membranes cause more bleeding (King et al., 2018). This is the only info I could really find. I searched OVID and Google Scholar and then gave in to p...
This week wasn't too bad. I had 12 assingments. Three were quizes that were pretty easy and three were conferences. I also have two discussion boards. I finally finished my case study, I was so sick last week I just didn't have the energy to do it. It was a long process but I really enjoyed it. My seeds for my midwives garden arrived. I am excited. A few of the plants I ordered are gonna be super tall, so I will have to plant them somewhere else.
Comments
Post a Comment